On Wednesday, Apple launched the fourth series of its Apple Watch at an event that took place in the company’s Steve Jobs Theater in Apple Park, Cupertino. Apple, CEO Tim Cook claimed that the Apple Watch is the highest selling watch in the world. The latest watch has a new design and a larger display. It also has ECG functionality. Other features include a ceramic build, optical heart sensor, waterproof capabilities, and more.
Price of Apple Watch Series 4
The price of the watch is $399 for the GPS-only, non-Cellular variant, and $499 for the variant with both GPS and Cellular capabilities. The newly launched Series 4 will be available for pre-orders from September 14 and will go on sale from September 21 in 26 markets at launch for the GPS-only variant, and 16 markets for the GPS and Cellular variant at launch.
As far as India is concerned, pricing and availability details haven’t been exposed yet.
Features of Apple Watch Series 4
- The display of the Series 4 is 30 percent larger than last year’s model.
- It comes in new 40mm and 44mm casing options.
- The latest Apple Watch Series 4 features the Series 3 except the near-edge-to-edge design new placement of its microphone for echo contraction.
- The watch features the new Apple S4 SoC which contains a 64-bit dual-core processor and a new GPU.
- The watch also has a next-gen accelerometer and gyroscope.
- The speaker on the Apple Watch Series 4 is 50 percent louder.
- The Apple Watch Series 4 comes with built-in fall detection that can alert emergency services and SOS contacts immediately.
- It also includes a ‘low heart rate’ notification, alerts for atrial fibrillation, and electrocardiogram (ECG).
- It is proclaimed to be waterproof, has Bluetooth v5.0, and has an optical heart sensor.